Who can access these resources from off campus?
- Anyone currently enrolled at or employed by Baylor University.
- Students who are enrolled in a spring semester and are also enrolled for the following fall semester may have access to these resources during the summer in between those 2 semesters.
- Graduate students who are not taking classes and are not registered for dissertation or thesis hours cannot have access.
- Alumni and Friends to Baylor University cannot have access to these resources.
can be used by anyone, but almost all full text content found via OneSearch will have restricted use.
What's the best way to access these resources from off campus?
- Obtain authenticated access to the libraries' electronic resources in one of two ways:
- Click the "Off Campus? Log in to access full text and more content." link that displays in a black bar at the top of when using OneSearch from off campus; or
- Use the "Databases" link found under the "Research" menu option available throughout the main Libraries' web site
- When you click on the appropriate link, you will be prompted for your
and password (firstname_lastname and password). You may also have to use .
- Once authenticated, you should have access to the resource. As long as you do not close your browser, you should not have to re-authenticate when you access other resources requiring Bear ID authentication.
How can I place links to specific resources within Canvas?
- For off-campus authentication, preface each URL with the proxy URL: http://ezproxy.baylor.edu/login?url=
- To obtain the URL for the resource, place the mouse pointer over the link, right click, and select "Copy Shortcut" or "Copy Link Location" from the pop-up menu. If you are using a Macintosh, place the mouse pointer over the link, click and hold down, and select "Copy Link to Clipboard" from the pop-up menu.
- For example, a complete link to the JSTOR collection would look like: